Leading Automotive Systems Warehouse Solution
HighJump Automotive Systems Warehouse Solution
For automotive suppliers and logistics service providers
The HighJump automotive system warehouse solution solution secures and enhances supply chain processes. Based on the HighJump Warehouse Management System, this solution was developed specifically for and is the modern logistics software standard for procurement and distribution for the automotive industry. The ability to display n - n relationships to pre-suppliers, logistics service providers (LSP), suppliers and OEMs is a major feature. Guaranteeing the best-possible production cost is the driving force behind the solution's continued development. Key to this are just-in-time (JIT) and just-in-sequence (JIS) processes, empowering the automotive industry to enhance workflows with the capabilities of the supply chain of the future.
Process Overview: JIT - Just-in-Time (DELFOR)
The OEM sends a DELFOR call-off to the LSP.
The LSP manually determines, when to start processing the customer order. The system reserves the stock and determines, the truck shipment.
Packages are collected and brought to the goods issue area for loading. Once completed, the shipping notice is sent via EDI to the OEM and the supplier.
Process Overview: JIS – Just in Sequence
- JIS delivery provides the required modules at a specific point in time to a specific location in a sequence.
- Not just one, but a set of products used at a specific point during assembly are shipped.
- Different parts are shipped in customized load units called JIS-racks.
JIS - Timeline (Times calculated by the system)
- Determines assembly time
- Call-off time + assembly lead time = earliest assembly time (based on rack type)
- Consider breaks and holidays from calendar of the assembly plant and calculate the assembly time (based on calendar)
- Determine Times based on the calculated assembly time
- Assembly time (based on calendar) – buffer time = latest arrival
- Find route (truck) with departure + driving time < calculated arrival time truck departure – loading time = start loading
- Start loading – picking time = start picking