You’ve been in dairy distribution long enough to know what it takes to be successful. You understand the unique challenges of working with highly perishable products and meeting the needs of customers — from neighborhood convenience stores to large grocery stores. But in the past few years, business has become a whole lot more complex:
- Route accounting system (RAS) and mobile devices are outdated, slow and cumbersome to operate and maintain.
- You don’t have visibility and control of customer cash and check collections and you need up-to-date accounts receivable statements to share with customers.
- You’re concerned with inventory control and want to leverage historical order and delivery trends to avoid taking out more product than you need.
- Your mobile sales staff doesn’t have access to the customer information they need to sell effectively.
- You need a better way to manage retail returns/dumps—and better predict what the customer wants and deliver an accurate order.
Key Challenges for Dairy Distributors
- Mix ‘n’ match pricing
- Spoilage/shrink (returns) management
- Real-time pre-sell and delivery applications
- Electronic proof of delivery
- Paperless settlement transactions
- Forecasting and inventory management at store/SKU level
- Survey management and data collection
- Suggested orders
- GPS visual route tracking and performance
- Drop & sold calculations
- Show average sales for each account
- Set up a pre-invoice before delivery
- Multiple stops at one location (i.e. hospitals, universities, municipalities)
- Tiered pricing based on sold amount
- Greater employee connectivity to real-time data
- Respond more quickly to consumer needs
- Increase sales
- Improve inventory management
- Increased automation to reduce errors
At HighJump, we’re dedicated to providing modern, effective and streamlined DSD technology—in fact, we are the largest DSD software provider in North America. From route accounting to inventory management to mobile pre-sales and delivery, we’re committed to keeping our products in-step with customer and industry requirements so that you never need to worry about falling behind.
Register for a conversation with a DSD subject matter expertLearn More