How the largest furniture manufacturer and second-largest retailer in the world increased productivity and expanded globally
Because of the fast-changing nature of the furniture industry and Ashley’s commitment to continuous process improvement, the company needed a supply chain software solution that could adapt to its evolving business needs. Furthermore, the company’s demanding 24/7 parameters for service-call response necessitated a solution that could be supported and improved with its own in-house team.
Learn how Ashley Furniture:
- Took complete ownership of the WMS solution after implementation including software management and upgrades
- Leveraged a foundation of best practices, along with the ability to build its own specific processes
- Gained clear visibility of the number and location of its trucks and inventory, many located off-site or in huge yards
- Became more productive without needing to increase headcount
- Implemented very specific timing and synchronization among many moving parts involved in running the warehouse effectively