3PL Technology Platform – Experience the Difference!
Third Party Logistics purpose-built for multi-client operations (multiple facilities spread across geographic regions and language requirements), our Enterprise 3PL is a lifecycle management solution for configuring, supporting, monitoring and managing people, processes and technology, from basic to complex warehouse environments.
Growth- and profit-oriented third party logistics enterprises across the globe that are looking to build powerful competitive differentiators have adopted the solution and adapted it to their unique requirements.
Our Enterprise 3PL warehouse management solution enables a high level of configurability for true multi-tenancy (clients, facility, workflows, language). Our third party logistics solution is easy to deploy, with no code changes required; just plug in your profile template and adapt for individual usage scenarios (configure the powerful rules- and roles-based engine).
Benefits of our WMS:
- High level of end-user configurability
- Quick and easy deployment
- Hundreds of deployments across the globe
Components of the WMS
- Inbound logistics
- Inventory management
- 3PL value-added service (work orders/special processing)
- Outbound logistics
3PL Solutions Brochure
Download our brochure today to learn more!Download Now
Our Enterprise 3PL provides users with a flexible labor management system, enabling enterprises operating in dynamic environments to improve human resource productivity and efficiency within a company or a facility.
- Increase your employees’ productivity
- Optimize your warehouse operations
- Collect employee performance data, compare to benchmarks and set appropriate performance targets
- Integrate with time and attendance system to get a complete picture of productivity
- Manage non-productive time and user-defined activities within the RF applications
- Forecast your workforce requirements based on historical data and projected work volumes
- Empower your employees with realistic and defined performance expectations
Revenue Assurance Management
The Revenue Assurance Management supports the ever changing needs of each client’s requirements. These changes impact resource usage and you can ensure that you are effectively and automatically billing for every chargeable activity. Unlike other systems, wherein billing is “bolted on” to a distribution WMS, our billing engine is woven into the framework of the application to ensure high compliance with full automation. Once the rules are configured for initial storage and renewal for each client, as well as the handling and special service charges, the system enforces the work activities required for each client, calculates the charges, and accrues them in real-time. As a result billing is simply a by-product of use, rather than a labor-intensive task.
- Rapid return on investment through reduced labor, improved accuracy, and comprehensive billing
- Automate your 3PL billing process for each customer and transaction (invoices sent automatically via email)
- Enable your customers online viewing of their invoices and transaction details
- Ensure accurate GL allocation and reporting by profit center both within the financial system and the 3PL system
- Access activity-based revenue and costing
- Monitor sales metrics by client and revenue category
4 Ways 3PLs Utilize Technology
Download this whitepaper today to learn more!Download Now
Client Process Assurance Management
Our Client Process Assurance Management enables multi-client operations to manage the user experience on either the RF gun or PC; the system automatically ensures that operators comply with the service-level agreements with your customers.
Client-configurable inventory identifiers:
You are able to create unique, client-specific inventory naming conventions that allow each client to track their inventory using their own terminology (above and beyond multi-language capabilities). This means that Client_A can track (for example) color, size, and style for garments, Client_B by pallet and lot, and Client_C by batch, product, and pallet ID. Further business logic allows for business rules to be attached to these inventory levels for variables such as reporting, billing, and cycle counting, to name a few.
You can configure workflows unique to any combination of customer, shipper, receiver, and product. This one-time configuration ensures that when receiving or shipping products, the workflow can change depending on these variables, allowing for an almost endless array of possibilities.
Alert notification can be a fully automated process. For example, for inspection upon receipt requirement, failure to any QA question asked of an operator on the RF gun can trigger an alert to be sent — upon certain conditions/thresholds being reached — to pre-defined recipients.
Customer service management:
You can use our Customer Service Management (CSM) system to track and manage your customers’ requests and concerns. Integrated into the application at both the PC and RF gun, the CSM allows your users to enter, update, and track requests and problems. This provides you not only corporate visibility into the costs and time spent on specific customer service issues, but also the ability to invoice for these activities.
On-Demand Self Service Management
Empower your customers with rich and detailed web visibility and control of their inventory under your control.
- Real-time inventory and historical data on orders (inbound), receipts (outbound), items, and invoices
- Custom reports created by you (does not require your IT department) using our reporting tool, and published to your customers’ account
- Automated report (standard or custom) delivery by email scheduled by your customer online
- Document lookup and retrieval (automatically linked to every transaction) without scanning
- Online receipt, order entry, and upload for non-EDI equipped customers
- Your clients can give access to their customers (end-customers), enabling them with visibility into the value chain and reducing time and cost for all stakeholders
What can you do?
- When your challenges are daunting?
- When your customers are demanding?
- When your existing systems are unable to cope?
Our service is designed for high performance outsourced third party logistics teams and mission critical contract third party logistics operations that demand the best-of-breed innovative technology solution.
Our solution suite offers:
- the quickest time to implement and deploy without any downtime
- the fastest return on your technology investment
- the lowest total cost of ownership
What is a multi-carrier shipping solution for 3PLs?
An integrated multi-carrier shipping system that helps reduce shipping costs by allowing customers to rate shop between different carriers. It improves reliability by allowing you to track every shipment and maintain key performance metrics to make sure your shipping process isn't syphoning money out of your business. Rules and regulations from the major carriers (FedEx, UPS, USPS) are in a constant state of flux, LTL rates are all over the map and customer expectations continue to expand in today's fast-paced global business climate HighJump Ship allows you to maximize cost savings by leveraging carrier selection with the multi-carrier rating At the heart of any multi-carrier shipping system is the rating engine. HighJump Ship's server is designed for high volume, reliable shipping and comprehensive carrier compliance - with the flexibility to scale from a single workstation to an enterprise level solution with multiple servers, load balancing and high availability to meet even the most advanced requirements.
What is a resource and appointment scheduling solution for 3PLs and logistics professionals?
A resource scheduling and appointment planning solution is a dock door and load scheduling system that supports your management of dock doors, material handling, equipment, labor resources and inbound and outbound shipments. With this solution you can:
- schedule inbound and outbound loads for a given time at a given door in order to make the best possible use of your facilities
- set up recurring appointments on a daily, weekly, monthly or yearly basis
- determine daily workloads and predict future work loads
- develop standards for loading and unloading that allow you to improve work load planning
- centralize access of this information to all system users
A scheduler needs to be fully integrated with your 3PL specific WMS and so when you update your appointment information, a record is automatically created in the Time-Stamping Block to reflect the appointment's activity.
What are the various methods of order entry in a WMS for 3PLs and logistics professionals?
A comprehensive solution supports several methods of order creation:
- Manual Entry
- Spreadsheet upload
- Customer entered (e-Vista web portal tool)
What is required to transfer/upload master data from a legacy to an enterprise 3PL solution?
An enterprise 3PL solution offers a well-documented set of tools/programs to empower you to transfer data from a legacy solution or for uploading data for new customers using our standard programs. The standard data load tools support the loading of:
- Item (product codes)
- Item aliases
- Consignees (Destination)
What is picking substitution in third party logistics?
Picking substitution allows RF operators to pick product other than the allocated product on the order line. It is designed to achieve faster picking and increased productivity for the warehouse by allowing operators to pick the most accessible product in a given location or area without sacrificing FIFO or other picking requirements.
How do third party logistics professionals use tracking by inventory levels and how is it different from tracking by inventory attributes?
Some 3PL providers prefer to use inventory levels for tracking purposes, while others opt for inventory attributes at the item level.
With tracking by inventory level, the usual four-level setup is style/color/size/LPN. With tracking by inventory attribute, only one inventory level - UPC code - is required; color, size and style are attached at the item level as inventory attributes.
What are the benefits of tracking by inventory attributes versus tracking by inventory levels?
Tracking by inventory level offers more reporting options than does tracking by inventory attributes. You can choose from dozens of inventory reports showing exact counts and subtotals for each style, color and size in your warehouse. The same is true of your inventory look-up programs; you can query by style, color and size and see exact counts and locations for each inventory level.
Tracking by inventory level also offers more flexible billing; you can bill at any inventory level and your customer will see a charge for each style, color or size shipped out of the warehouse. With tracking by inventory attribute, on the other hand, you can only bill by level 1 or UPC code and style, color or size information will not appear on your invoices.
What are overflow isolators in third party logistics operations and warehouse management systems?
A good 3PL solution should support overflow isolators. That is, when you receive product and all locations in the primary isolator zone for that product are full, product should be directed to the first overflow isolator. If the first overflow isolator is full, product should be directed to the second overflow isolator (if any). You should be able to define multiple overflow isolators for the same item and specify the sequence in which the software will query isolator zones in search of empty locations. Another "must have" option for isolator zones is the ability to specify whether or not an exact match of product and location isolators is required when selecting put-away locations. The four basic options are:
- ignore isolator codes
- use only exact match isolator code
- use any overflow isolator code
- use any isolator code other than exact match or overflows
What is the purpose of isolator zones in third party logistics operations and warehouse management systems?
Isolator zones serve two key functions in any WMS during directed put-away:
They allow you to keep certain products separate from each other within the same area. For example, you keep both fish and cheese in your cooler area but for obvious reasons you do not want both products sitting side by side in the same location or adjacent locations. Isolator zones allow you to keep both products separate from each other.
They allow you to keep similar product together. When similar product is kept together, you avoid a situation where product is dispersed in numerous locations in your warehouse and as a consequence is time-consuming and expensive to pick.
What are the key reasons for Isolator zones in warehouse management operations and for third party logistics service providers?
So what are the "must have" options for isolator zones that any 3PL solution should offer? First and foremost, isolator zones should be user-defined based on the particular needs of your warehouse. You could divide up your warehouse by customer: customer A, customer B and all other customers. Alternatively, you could divide up your warehouse by product: fish, cheese and all other products. Or you could divide up your warehouse by product velocity: meat fast-moving, meat medium moving and meat slow-moving.
What are the benefits of voice activated picking in 3PL operations and for outsourced logistics providers?
Voice-activated picking - or as it is sometimes called "hands-free, eyes free picking" - can offer significant improvements in accuracy and productivity that paper-based or RF-terminal-based picking can never match.
What to look out for when evaluating voice activated picking solutions for 3PL operations and for outsourced logistics providers?
So what should the 3PL operator look for when considering a voice-activated solution? First and foremost is flexibility. That is, the ability to define different sets of voice-activated picking rules for different customers, carriers, consignees, items, orders, locations and warehouses.
Other "must have" features of a robust voice-activated system allow you to define:
- whether or not the operator requests work or the system assigns it automatically
- which inventory level(s) the operator will hear for each pick
- whether or not the operator will be prompted with the delivery location
- which message or messages will be read out to the RF operator for each assignment
- whether or not you want the operator to read back the inventory level as confirmation and the minimum number of characters that must be read out
- whether or not a count back is activated and the rules to follow when the inventory count by the operator does not match the on hand quantity
What should a good voice activated picking solution support?
A good voice-activated picking solution should support manual check digits for each location in your WMS. Check digits are alternate location codes used whenever the actual location code is too long to be read out by the operator for each pick.
Ideally you should be able to define multiple check digits for the same location and be able to schedule them by day of the week. For example, use check digit 1 on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and check digit 2 on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
This is designed to avoid cheating; that is, the operator remembers the check digit and doesn't need to go to the correct pick location.
Fundamentals of 3PL Warehousing
This white paper will shine the spotlight on what are the fundamental components of a 3PL warehousing technology solution, such as: Inventory allocation engine, Shipping and receiving, Cycle counts, Catch weights, Space optimization, Directed put away, Appointment management, Documents/reporting/EDIDownload Now