In the ship-it-now world of online retail, supply chain efficiency is vital to success with both consumers and trading partners. This is especially true for companies in the technology sector, where the speed and accuracy of transactions reflect directly on brand image.
For Digital Blue, a leading developer of interactive youth electronics and software, the need for an EDI solution that delivers outstanding accuracy and productivity was paramount. As a strategic licensing partner for major entertainment brands like LEGO and Barbie, which also manufactures its own products, Digital Blue has no room for manual data entry in its order processing.
When the time came to upgrade its EDI solution
, Digital Blue found two providers that could deliver off-the-shelf integration with its Microsoft Dynamics GP ERP system. The online retailer chose the HighJump TrueCommerce EDI Platform because it offered greater business value in the form of lower cost of ownership and a more robust integration.
“TrueCommerce EDI Solutions clearly beat other EDI providers on trading partner related costs and the extent of their trading partner connections
,” summarizes Andrew Davies, Digital Blue’s IT Manager. “Using the TrueCommerce EDI Platform would mean spending less time and money integrating existing and new trading partners.”
Among the quantifiable business benefits that Davies attributes to Digital Blue’s partnership with TrueCommerce EDI Solutions are these five:
1. The TrueCommerce EDI Platform offers simple, painless integration with Dynamics GP, for a quick and low-stress implementation and accelerated time-to-value.
2. EDI integration with Dynamics GP
across invoices, purchase orders, Advance Ship Notices (ASNs) and acknowledgements substantially improves overall business productivity.
3. Extensive trading partner mapping capabilities and automated software updates save time and money and reduce demands on in-house IT resources.
4. The ability to pre-set rules, defaults and fields for each trading partner has “definitely increased” order accuracy.
5. TrueCommerce ASN functionality with auto-pack capabilities reduces order setup time by “at least 20%” and warehouse processing time by “approximately 50%, or 20 hours a week.”
“Now, when an order comes in, the information goes directly into Dynamics GP and we don’t have to retype it. … Order accuracy has definitely increased. And the ASN functionality and its ability to integrate with and automatically update the information in GP has been an enormous benefit,” adds Davies. “TrueCommerce EDI Solutions continues to come through for us.”
with TrueCommerce EDI Solutions
in PDF format to learn more.
Also, watch this video to see how TrueCommerce EDI Solutions can add value to your supply chain processes
and help you get even more from your investment in Microsoft Dynamics GP. Or call us today at 1.888.430.4489 today for more information.